What we are using

08 February 2008

Week 23 Weekly Report - Back to the Basics


CC asked me this morning if she could be a lump today. She said that four days of hard play have made her tired, and she wants a day to rest. I think that maybe we over scheduled this week, but it was a good week. We had co-op, Girl Scouts and the caucus Tuesday, gymnastics Wednesday, and Thursday we went to a children's museum and had a playdate with some home school friends that we haven't seen in a while. I have no idea what we did Monday, but I think it involved lots of art supplies on the kitchen floor.

This week we did 5 lessons of math from the BJU Math 2 book! We also read and did handwriting everyday. For reading this week instead of chapter books, CC read some of the picture books we used in FIAR in the fall. This was a nice change for her. The rest of our subjects were covered by read alouds, co-op or field trips this week. I am happy. School is getting done. Focusing on the basics is working (this is a surprise only to me isn't it). I think that if we did nothing but math, reading and handwriting everyday, we would be doing a great job.

Now wait a couple of weeks and I will be complaining that our school is boring and I want to change. ;-)

And in high school news - BB and I started IEW-SWI-C. It is not the most exciting dvd I have ever watched, but we watched it and did the writing lesson. I think that is what counts. I am now looking at my future LA plans for the girls and seeing where SWI-A will fit in. I want them to work through each level.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a very productive week! I love the pictures~your kids look so sweet. The FIAR books are hard to beat, I enjoy them as much as the kids do.
~Have a blessed day.
~Rhonda

Alana in Canada said...

Good for you. It can be hard to homeschool this time of year. I've been struggling too. Glad you all had such a great week!

Maria said...

Encouraging week! Enjoy your blog...may I ask where you got those little drop downs on your side bar?

Karen said...

Maria, the drop downs on the side are "expandable content" bars from flooble here is a link http://www.flooble.com/scripts/expand.php

Lisa~ said...

Wow! I'll say you had a full week! The picture of the little sleeping is so precious.... I love the crown...

Thanks for sharing... Have a great weekend....

Lisa

Tina in WA said...

Wow, a lot of outings. :o) Yes, just getting those basic done can be very satisfying. :o)

~Tina

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a great week! I love the pictures, especially the sleeping one with the crown on her head! So sweet!

Here's to another great week!