What we are using

07 September 2008

Week 2 - The Plan




This week the plan is simple for second grade. We will do math and writing for 4 days and the Celtic tales for 2 days. I printed out just the pages for the week from Math Mammoth with a couple of extra in case I want to change the assignment for the week. For writing, we are starting Just Write this week.


We'll go to the zoo, swimming, co-op, and cottage school. We'll work through our pile of books and enjoy the perfect September weather while it lasts. Last week, we started slowly and are adding writing this week. This goes with my emphasis on the basics.

This week for not-Preschool, we will work on making the letters P, B, D, R with wiki sticks, cutting patterns, doing puzzles and numbers. We will also go swimming and to the grocery store while CC is at cottage school.
Other than that, I am still working hard on earth science lesson plans for co-op and lesson plans for nursery rhymes. I have an inspection of the new furnace scheduled, and I need to power wash that deck. I am also finally dropping off my passport application and doing training to volunteer in CC's class. My focus this week will be getting into a rhythm.

No comments: