What we are using

19 November 2008

Something Unexpected

Right now I am very sick with a bad case of bronchitis so we have been just doing short school days.  I think Monday we only did math, but I'm not really sure. - I was sick  So today's unexpected ending was really a surprise.

This morning,  we did math and a couple of sentences of copywork from A Midsummer's Night Dream.  We read the E. Nesbit adaptation of A Midsummer's Night Dream, and then CC and LB read some books and magazines on tigers.  That was our homeschool day.  After that,  the kids cleaned house a little then played outside, and CC learned some tricks on her bike.  Once it got dark, the girls came in and played with BB and his friends.

When Hubby came home from work, CC told him that she had done something exciting today.  I was interested.  I couldn't think of what she had done that was exciting.  She told him that it was math.  Math?  Really?  CC thought math was exciting?  CC who refused to do math all of first grade?  CC who cried when she saw a math book at the beginning of second grade?  Math was the exciting thing she did today?  It was a page of multiplication and a page of division.  Math.  Wow.  I didn't see that coming.

1 comment:

Ruskin said...

That is so funny. Sometimes the most successful days are the days off. I am always amazed how excited our son gets over geometry.