What we are using

25 January 2009

Three Little Pigs


"Little pig, little pig, Let me in!"
"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin."

This morning CC gave a very lively retelling of this favorite to her sister and some of their toys.

After she finished the story, she asked me if she had forgotten any parts. She loves telling stories and has a great memory for them. It reminded me that while I read many books to LB, I haven't read very many of those classic tales to her. I think she mostly hears them from her sister. I'm going to make sure I make time to read them to both of the girls.

1 comment:

Ruskin said...

Story telling is such a great art form and leads to engaging conversation and wonderful writing as an adult. It is a skill I wish I had. It is a great reminder to encourage it in our children.