What we are using

17 August 2010

Crawling into the new year

humph. That is how I feel about the start of school. I have the plans that I've labored over all summer. I have the books. I even have pencils, paint, paper and protractors. I'm still missing something important.

We've done three weeks of school stretched out over the last month or so. We've even gotten back to long division and phonics. Maybe it will feel more like school after we put BB on his plane to Japan which is our traditional start of school. Maybe once it quits feeling so much like summer. Maybe once the enrichment school starts and we get into our fall routine. Carpools, classes, morning walks, a real routine - that must be part of what is mising.

I'm looking forward to looking forward to school.
I'm trying to incorporate my newest Einstein quote into our school life -
The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.

How do you lead children to experience the mysterious? I'm still turning that one over in my mind.

No comments: