What we are using

11 August 2007

Literature for BB

This semester BB is taking Japanese, Physics, and an art class at the local cc. I am only teaching literature. We will be using Literary Lessons from Lord of the Rings from HomeScholar Books for the first semester and British Literature from Hewitt Homeschool for the second semester. I am very excited.

I have to confess that although I love to read fantasy and even epic fantasy, I have never read Tolkien. I think I was afraid to be dissapointed. So far, I am not.

The other thing that has me excited is that Beowulf is covered twice. Beowulf was the first really "important" work that I fell in love with. I am hoping that BB will at least find it interesting.

We will start LOTR Tuesday. I am hoping to be about four weeks ahead of him in the study by then.

No comments: