What we are using

08 September 2007

Week 5 Schedule


We are starting co-op this week, but I really do prefer park days - it is easier on me. Now that my schedule has been cut down, I want to add in music appreciation and a poetry tea time. I just don't know when we could work it in. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks until we get into the groove of co-op before I can even think of more changes. We are also two weeks away from studying Rome, but I think I will save Latin for the spring. I dropped my phone into the toilet last week. Amazingly, it still works, but the camera is dysfunctional. I am contemplating replacing it just so I can keep taking lots of pictures.

History/Social Studies/Geography
Fifty Famous Stories Retold: Fifty Famous Stories Retold: "Alexander and Bucephelas"; and "Diogenes" (Greek)

SOTW: Chapter 24 "The Wars of the Greeks"- skipping projects this week because of start of co-op.

English – Literature
Serendipity, CC reads 5 pages per day
Alexander the Great by Jane Bingham
Among the Meadow People, "The Selfish Tent-Caterpillar

Copywork
And so, since the wise man would not come to see the king, the king went to see the wise man.
Math
Play RS games daily, working on subtracting with 9 as the minuend (we have done lots with 10 as the minuend) and working on addition with factors of 3 (like adding 3,6,or 9 to a number)
Science
kitchen science -
Recovering Solute Crystals (or making rock candy)
Art
Artist Study – Vincent Van
Gogh, but we might skip it since we are doing art in all three of our co-op classes
FUN
Trip to an Apple Orchard
Bake an apple pie
Girl Scout meeting after co-op
Not-Preschool
Ten Little Apples

(Both hands high) Ten red apples grow on a tree
(Dangle one hand and then the other) Five for you and five for me.
(Shake body) Let us shake the tree just so
(Hands fall) And ten red apples will fall below
(Count ea. finger) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.

Co-op starts Tuesday - I am teaching FIAR and History to 4-8yos
CC and LB are in a crafts class.
FIAR class rowing How to Make and Apple Pie and See the World

Ancient History class starts with “What is history” and learning about Sumer, Mesopotamia and nomads. We'll be making cave paintings on rocks and sewing game bags. We'll also build a "nomad tent" and sit in it to discuss history.

1 comment:

my5wolfcubs said...

Ooh! I'm going to use the 10 Little Apple poem for counting in Latin! Great week -- and I'm glad you're phone is at least functional! How about one of those new iPhones??
Lee