What we are using

16 September 2007

Week 6 Schedule



This week I am overly ambitious. We'll aim for a project on Monday to start the week. We are also going to have a "do-over" for the apple orchard - hopefully without the vomit in the car this week. AND we are going to try to go to the Dinosaur Museum with some friends. For me, I really need to make dentist appointments for the kids. We dumped our old dentist last year for not being very kid friendly, and I have neglected to find a new one. I also want to work on spending more time outdoors after school is finished. Maybe this just proves that I slept too much last night.

Math
We are going to work more on adding multiples of three, doubles, and near doubles.
History / Geography
Fifty Famous Stories Retold
"The Story of Regulus"
SOTW
Chapter 24 "The Wars of the Greeks"
Projects - make a cookie Parthenon and a soap carving
Paddle to the Sea, chapter 1
English - Reading and Literature
CC will read a chapter from Hector Springs Loose each day
Alexander the Great by Jane Bingham
Among the Meadow People, "The Lazy Snail"
Sleeping Beauty,illustrated by K.Y. Craft
Copywork
Happy Scribe sample pages
Science
Trip to the Dinosaur Museum
Fun
Apple Orchard
Dino Museum
Not-Preschool
We are reading The Three Billy Goats Gruff by Paul Galdone, The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett, and Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Jan Brett
Song for the week
I'm a Mean Old Dinosaur
(Tune: I'm a little Tea Pot)
I'm a mean old Dinosaur
(Make a mean face)
Big and Tall
(Gesture hands big and tall )
Here is my tail, here is my claw.
(Gesture hands behind your back for tail and make claw hands)
When I get all hungry
(rub your tummy)
I just growl
(grrroooowwwlll)
Look out kids I'm on the prowl.
(tickle each one on the tummy )
Co-op
FIAR - Papa Piccolo. We will talk about character, setting, and conflict, talk about families and homelessness, act out some words from the story, listen to some Italian opera, learn to draw cats, and make a watercolor painting of a Venice canal.
History - Egyptians lived on the Nile. We will make a cookie dough Nile river, look at papyrus, make reed boats, make a bead bracelet, and draw an Egyptian Afterlife picture. Of course this is way too many projects for one hour, but its better to be prepared than not have enough - some of the kids have really short attention spans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My 23 month old and my 4.5yo are loving that dinosaur song. Thanks for sharing it!