With all of my pondering about schooling this weekend, is it surprising that I was working on a plan for the next 12 years for the girls? It makes sense to me. I was registering my son for SAT II subject tests and making reservations at a hotel for a college visit which naturally led me to try to make sure that CC will be ready for AP Vergil in tenth grade. I have 3 AP tests and 3 SAT subject tests planned for CC. Poor child always suffers from the wisdom I learn with BB. Little LB suffers from how that wisdom goes awry when applied to CC.
Anyway - to our week. BB has a Japanese speech contest next Saturday and a college visit in the same town on Friday. This will dominate our week.
For the girls, I am planning
- trip to the craft store to get stuff for Greek and jellyfish crafts
- bike riding at the park
- co-op will include Night of the Moonjellies, ancient Greeks, and Girls Scouts
- I need to make a doctor appointment to get more medication for the migraines
- I need to pick up a class schedule for gymnastics - the girls are both going back soon
- Reading from STOW vol 1, Baldwin's Fifty Famous Stories, Among the Meadow People
- CC is reading Little House in the Big Woods
- We will start listening to Peter and the Wolf from Bernstein's Children's Classics