What we are using

19 September 2009

Life at College

I think I love just about every stage of watching my kids grow up. Some are very hard, and some seem sweet and blissful even before they are tempered by time. Today, I had a great conversation with BB at college after he returned home from the local grocery store with ingredients for Alfredo Sauce.


BB: ugh my roommates are starting to annoy me, there's a half chopped onion and open can of refried beans just sitting on the counter accumulating flies

BB: its a sad sad thing when I'M the cleanest and most organized person in the house...

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.


My baby is growing up. I sure do miss him. I even miss that smell of teenage boy that hung over his room and used to encourage me to promptly close his door. I miss all the little things that I don't get to see anymore, like the beautiful smile he has when he stretches and says, "Good Morning, Mother." Baby boys growing into men right before your eyes. One little step at a time.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Awwwwww...

They do grow up so quickly. Did you ever think he would be the "clean one" someday?

Unknown said...

My oldest is 11 and I see a little man emerging. He just started to wear some men's shirts. He is very tall. I was really sad having to buy him that sweatshirt in small. :(

Mama Peep said...

My oldest son is 11 as well and I had to finally walk over the the men's shoe side of the store.....it was very sad for me! I can't even imagine him going to college let alone him being the "clean" one! LOL!