What we are using

18 August 2007

Week 3 Schedule



Here is a sample of the new schedule I am working on for next week. What do you think? This is for CC. She is in first grade and we are slowly adding more subjects. I have been looking over at Ambleside Online again. I printed out stories from Mainlesson.com. I really like this in theory and I had planned to use AO year 1. I just get nervous and want to make sure I do everything, but not too much. There is much that I don't agree with from TWTM, but I just can't get past the fact that I am a product of a classical education. I just have to figure out how to make it work for CC.

History/Social Studies/Geography

Our Island Story: Chapter 1 "The Stories of Albion and Brutus"

Fifty Famous Stories Retold
: "The Sword of Damocles"

SOTW: Chapter 22 “Sparta and Athens” - Make Greek bowls and clothes
English – Literature
Serendipity, CC reads 5 pages per day
Half Magic - read aloud
English – Practical

FLL, Lesson 3, 5
Spelling, daily
Journal Writing lesson
Math

Horizons, daily
Science

Nature walk
Backyard Book
Science in Kitchen
Art

Artist Study – Vincent Van Gogh - Sunflowers
Fun
Park Day
Not-Preschool
Songs - Row your Boat and Five Little Speckled Frogs
Crafts - Make binoculars and paper plate frogs
Activities - Lily pad relay, I Spy, and learn about floating and sinking

No comments: