What we are using

05 January 2012

Versatile Blogger

Lisa at Golden Grasses has passed along the Versatile Blogger award.  She is passionate about education and always inspires me to look deeply at what we use in our home school.    Here is the info. on the award:
  • Thank the award-giver who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (Thank-you, Lisa!)
  • Share 7 random things about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 blogs you enjoy reading (not happening)
  • Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
  • Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post. 
7 Random Things about me:
  1. As a child, I could usually be found either in the library, hiding somewhere with a book, or exploring the swamp adjacent to my house.
  2. I once took a large bunch of bananas into a tree, pretended to be a monkey, and ate enough of them to make myself violently ill.  More than thirty years later, I still can't eat bananas.
  3. I was the first person in my family on either side to go to college.
  4. My very first vacation out of the country (and second time on a plane) was to Jamaica while I was in college.  My friend and I couldn't afford to stay in a hotel so we spent the week sleeping on the beach.  It was a wonderful vacation which still makes me smile when I think about it. 
  5. It took me about three years to read Moby Dick the first time, but I read it three more times the following year.
  6. I dream of sailing a 37' catamaran around the Bahamas then through the Panama Canal and on to Fiji. 
  7. I read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius in high school and many times afterward.  It has probably had more influence on me than any other book.
  8. I am terrible at following directions and terrific and making lists.

Didn't I say I was terrible at following directions?

No comments: